Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Excellent salary and benefits
Closing date by 5pm on 19th September
Interview date: 25th September 10 am – 1 pm
Planet Mermaid is a major online retailer of mermaid swimwear, accessories and tails with a global customer base across Europe, Asia and Australia. We are looking for an experienced Office Administrator who will provide critical support to the business and play a key role in helping the company to grow.
An enthusiastic self-starter who prides themselves in their work as much as we do in our products, this role is ideal for someone who strives for excellent customer service, has an eye for detail, enjoys working on their own and part of a small multi-cultural team and has a passion for quality.
Working in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same, this role offers an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a growing company, learn new skills and get involved in interesting projects. A varied and exciting role working alone and as part of a team, you will be expected to assist with the day to day running of the office, dispatching orders and dealing with customer queries, filing, managing various databases to maintaining our social media presence, helping out with events and marketing and supporting the Director on ad hoc requests.
Note: The job will require manual handling duties of stock items and equipment.
For an informal chat about the role, please call us on 07450681337.
• To manage phone calls and e-mails from customers, suppliers, press, media and distributors
• To handle customer queries via e-mail and phone and maintain a record of these
• To respond promptly to e-mails via several platforms
• To draft, format and print relevant documents as and when required
• To arrange meetings with the marketing manager, events co-ordinator and tech support. Assist and support the Director with formulating action plans and following these through to completion using your own initiative
• To implement improvements to existing administration processes and introduce new processes for the smooth running of the business, staff and customers
• To assist with stock taking, filing, sales returns, refunds and dispatching of sales items
• To manage incoming and outgoing posts including special deliveries
• To organise samples and designs for the Director
• To photograph samples, in house activities and collate information when requested
• Supporting the P/T administrator and working as a cohesive team for the positive progress of the company
• To work as part of a team or alone to ensure the smooth running of the business including placing orders, paying invoices and organising deliveries
• To assist with ad hoc projects and other work including assisting the events co-ordinator planning and managing events and exhibitions
• To regularly update our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) working closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure daily activities are met with a schedule of pre-arranged content
• To attend PR events outside of normal working hours where required
• Significant office administration experience in a fast-paced environment is essential with proven track record of using your own initiative on a regular basis
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Data entry skills
• Excellent people skills including ability to communicate at senior level
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to prioritise own workload, manage multiple tasks and under pressure including responding to any ad hoc requests in a timely and efficient manner
• Ability to work independently without supervision
• Strong IT skills including MS Office Word and Excel
• Experience of working in swimwear or online fashion retail business
• Previous social media marketing experience
• A driving licence and use of a car
• Experience of supporting projects/events
• Excellent people skills including ability to communicate at senior level with a proven track record showing ability to use initiative with little support
• Experience of using Amazon Prime platform
• Experience of working with magazines and press in general
• Self-starter with project work
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £19,000.00 /year
To apply, please email your CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line "Office Administrator - Website Enquiry", explaining how you meet the essential and desirable criteria by 5pm on 19th September.